Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Garden
When people invest in buying homes, they are expected to make sure that it is well maintained. This could include the actual house, and also the grounds surrounding the home. In most circumstances, people are usually too busy with their jobs to get the maintenance done by them, and they usually hire people to do it for them. There are still those that would love to do the maintenance, but they have no idea where to begin. That is the reason why in this article, we are going to discuss some of the tips for maintaining a health garden.
- It is important to water the garden as needed, but one should make sure not to over water since it is not about wetting the leaves, but rather soaking the ground. It is recommended to water the plants in the morning, since watering in the evening leads to a likelihood of disease. Mulch can be used to retain the moisture in the soil.
- Plants are just like animals, they need food in order to grow into great crops. You can use organic blends of natural plant foods to ensure that they are healthy.
- Weeds can quickly use up all the food and water of your plants, and it is therefore very important to get rid of them, manually, or by use of herbicides. Ensure that the garden is clean.
- Insects and bugs are beneficial to the plants, but they can also cause damage and spread disease. Depending on the sort of insects that are affecting your plants, there are many options for controlling them.
- You need to be on the lookout for fungus, because it could present a problem to your plants. A good way to control this would be to water the plants in the morning and not evenings, and also use of required chemicals.
Top Rated Chainsaw Reviews
Depending on the sort of plants that you have in your garden, there are some that might need to be pruned or cut. One of the ways of doing this is by Chain Cutting. That is the reason why we are now going to do some chainsaw reviews.
Best Gas-Powered Chainsaw
Husqvarna 460 Rancher
This is the perfect all-round saw to use where more power is needed for longer guide bars. It comes a powerful X-Torq engine, smart start, air injection, LowVib, and combined choke/stop control.
- Side-mounted chain tensioner for easy access
- 20-Inch Bar
- Quick release air filter to facilitate cleaning and replacement of air filter
- Forged 3-piece crankshaft for maximum durability for the toughest applications
- CARB Compliant
Best Battery Powered Chainsaw
GreenWorks 20312 G-MAX Zero Emission Cordless
Coming with up to 30% more torque and up to 70% less vibration than gas powered chainsaws, this power saw features a 16-inch DigiPro chainsaw that has innovative brushless technology. This makes it more durable, have greater efficiency, and less noise with more torque. It also features heavy duty Oregon bar and chain, .0375 chain pitch, chain brake, metal bucking spikes, and an automatic oiler.
- Premium Power of DigiPro brushless motor technology cuts up to 100 cuts on a single charge. Includes 4AH Battery and Charger
- Compatible with GreenWorks G-MAX 40V Li-Ion System offering a range of tools to choose from
- Brushless motor delivers up to 30% more torque for the greatest cutting performance
- Brushless motor design offers up to 70% less vibration for user comfort while working
- Chain brake and low kickback chain for increased user safety
Best Electric Chainsaw
GreenWorks 20222 9 Amp 14-Inch Corded
Coming with a 14-inch blade, this chainsaw has zero emission chainsaw and isn’t built for industrial use. The chainsaw features a push button that means that dispatches the need to yank a chord. It comes with a comfortable wraparound handle with a debris guard that blocks wood chips from hurting hands. It also features an automatic chain oiler, preventing any unexpected jerking motions.
- 9-amp electric motor starts within seconds for ease of use and reliable power
- 14-Inch bar makes clean up jobs a breeze
- Tool-Less chain tensioning for quick adjustments so you can get back to the task at hand
- Wrap around handle provides user comfort while clearing debris
- Auto-Oiler provides adequate lubrication to ensure the best cutting performance without the hassle
Best Under $250
Husqvarna 240 2 HP Chainsaw
This is the perfect saw for pruning, lighter cutting tasks and hobby work. It comes with the built-in Husqvarna features like ergonomic design, facilitating technology and powerful X-Torq engine with low emissions, that make it a pleasure to work with.
- 16-inch bar
- 2HP, 38cc engine
- 3/8-inch pitch, .050-inch gauge
- Side-mounted chain tensioner
- Combined choke/stop control
Best Over $400
Echo CS-590 20″ Timber Wolf Chain Saw
Coming with a 20-inch blade, this chainsaw is well-oiled and reliable, starting at the first pull. A 5-year warranty guarantees that this is a quality chainsaw built-in anti-vibe technology for added comfort. It also has an automatic oiler.
- Genuine OEM Echo part
- 8cc professional-grade, 2-stroke engine for outstanding performance
- 20″ Bar
- Decompression valve for easier starter rope pulling
Most Environmentally Friendly Chainsaw
EGO Power+ 14-Inch Cordless Chain Saw
The EGO Power+ Chain Saw comes with a 14-inch bar and chain. It also features a high-efficiency brushless motor for effortlessly smooth cuts as well as extended life and run time. The 56V ARC Lithium battery delivers maximum power.
- 0ah and 2.5ah 56-volt lithium-ion battery kits available
- standard charger included in kits
- water resistant construction
- low kickback chain design (complies with ansib175.1)
- .043 in. gauge chain with 3/8 in. low pro pitch
- reversible bar
- chain kickback brake
- chain tension adjustment
- 5-year tool warranty
- 3-year battery warranty (kits only)
Best Pole Saw
Black & Decker LPP120 20V Lithium Ion Pole Saw
This 8” cutting bar and chain is the perfect saw for pruning overhead tree branches that are up to 14ft high. It allows for a maximum cutting diameter of 6″., with the center extension allowing for a useable length of 6.5′ or 10′, and provides overhead reach of up to 14 feet.
- Extension allows for a useable length of 6-1/2 or 10 feet; overhead reach of up to 14 feet
- Powered by 20-volt MAX lithium-ion battery, with longer lifespan and charge retention than NiCad batteries
- Up to 100 cuts of 1-1/2-inch pine branches per charge
- 8-inch cutting bar and chain allows for a maximum cutting diameter of 6 inches
- 2-year limited warranty; includes battery and Energy Star-qualified charger
- Power Source: battery powered
Best Jaw Saw
WORX WG320 Max Lithium Cordless Jaw Saw
This is an all-rounder that can prune, clear debris, or cut firewood. It features a unique design that can cut directly into the ground without damaging the chain. The saw provides a safe and easy way to tackle debris clean up without gas, cords, or dangerous kickback. It is the perfect go-to tool for gardeners, handymen, and anyone else who performs limb and brush clearing.
- Guard covers chain for enhanced safety
- Steel teeth hold work in place while cutting for stability
- Auto-Tension feature sets the proper tension
- Automatic chain oiler with oil level indicator
- Scissor cut action limits dangerous kickback
Maintaining a healthy garden is important because not only does it make the place look good and productive, it also increases the value of the home. The chainsaws reviewed above are some of the best ways to maintain the garden.